This opportunity is just for you if:
1. You are under 20 years of age
2. You are a Changemaker
Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
3. You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
Stage 1: Online Nomination & Screening
Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
Stage 2: International Review
Talk with 3–5 social entrepreneurs and young changemakers from Ashoka’s global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your changemaking journey.
Stage 3: Selection Panel
Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement. Reimbursements are available for all candidates to cover panel related expenses like domestic travel, accommodation, and food. Candidates can also bring a parent or adult ally during the visit.
What happens after selection?
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement. For example:
- Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their changemaking journeys
- Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
- Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
- Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
- Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
- Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
- Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
- Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community
Want to learn more about the programme?